Friday, April 1, 2011

The Cards That Have Touched Us

The cards that have touched all of us have been from Make a Wish, Cystic Fibrosis, parents whose children have rare diseases desperate to raise awareness to find a cure and so many more.

Sometime we get so caught up in our own day-to-day life we forget others are hurting.

I have never forgotten their names faces or their stories. Sometimes I wonder what happened to them.

There was a mom who emailed about her 3 year old daughter who had tumors all over her body, I could feel the desperation in a mothers letter. It was at the end of the day and I was shutting down, I stayed to answer her, I asked her to email me pictures, information, favorite colors whatever she wanted. I stayed that night until it was done it was the prettiest card I had ever designed.

It was being used at a walk on thon, she was reluctant to tell me how many she needed, it was not unreasonable at all I know for some its hard to ask for help and sometimes we find our self in a position we have to, a lot of us know what that is like.

Then there is the first card we did I can still remember his sunny smile his green shirt and his little blue bucket hat. He died at 18 months old of cancer and the parents were celebrating his short life here on earth. I asked instead of payment to consider a donation to Make a Wish or Children’s Hospital in their sons name. They made a donation to Make A Wish, which happens to be my favorite charity.

This last one was one of the kids form cystic fibrosis who were using the cards at a fundraiser to share what the disease is and what each child goes through on any given day. One of the children was graduating high school who needed a lung transplant. She had beautiful big brown eyes soft light brown hair and delicate features her picture just drew me in. I thought of other kids her age preparing for college or at least the next chapter of their lives. This young lady was really preparing for her final days on earth.

We are not a big company by any stretch, none of the stories I have shared were looking for free cards at the very least a discount.We saw it as a way to help, sometimes its not about our bank account, filling your heart at times can be more fulfilling. I believe the world gives back so nothing I have ever done through our company or on a personal level has always come back some how someway, I am always mindful of that.

You will not find these cards on our site, I feel families should have some respect and dignity they do no t need to see their loved ones card plastered on our site.

When you celebrate we celebrate when you hurt we hurt too, that sums up who we are, no different than many of you.

Warm regards,

Pam

www.customsportscards.com

No comments:

Post a Comment